FND Action are delighted to be celebrating our 3rd anniversary today!
On 10th October 2016 FND Action became the first charity in the UK for those diagnosed with Functional Neurological Disorders (FND), including Non Epileptic Attack Disorder (NEAD).
FND is little known yet symptoms are commonly seen in Neurology clinics each day. Those diagnosed are left confused, worried and still many left without the appropriate care and support that they need.
FND Action’s aim is to continue building a bridge between those diagnosed and the medical community, provide information and support for those who have been diagnosed, promote research, raise public awareness and understanding of the condition.
What have we been up to in the last year
Here is just a snippet of what we have been up to.
- Our patient support groups on Facebook have grown considerably in size, and we hope that people take comfort in knowing that they are not alone. To find out more about our online groups CLICK HERE.
- Our website page views reached in excess of 232,000! This year making it our biggest year yet.
- Our social media sites have reached well over 1 million people which is a huge increase from last year. To follow us on Facebook CLICK HERE. We’re on Twitter too CLICK HERE AND HERE.
- The 25th March was FND Awareness Day UK. This year we continued our union with other FND charities and groups across the UK for our #WeCare4FND campaign. We focused on those who care for people with FND and how it affects them. We received people’s stories & messages to their loved ones/friends, which were amazing, along with a focus on young carer’s. You can find out more about what we did by CLICKING HERE.
- Our NEAD Drop-In Centre in Glasgow continues to go strong. We hold a drop-in once a month for people to come and get information or to talk.
- We have distributed in excess of 17,000 free information leaflets, to individuals, businesses and to the medical community. If you wish to help spread the word you can order some of our leaflets for free by CLICKING HERE
- In February we saw the launch our FND Action Merchandise shop. Selling items like Pens, Wristbands, Fuzzy Bugs as well as our now famous FiNDlay Bear. The shop also acts as a great place to get hold of free items too like our FND Action Information Leaflets, Medical Cards & Donation boxes. So far we have received hundreds of orders from people, which is amazing. We will look to increase our merchandise over the coming years and would be great to hear what you would like to see sold. You can visit our shop HERE
- We have attended and participated in numerous workshops, presentations, events & meetings with NHS staff to raise vital awareness of FNDs, increasing current understanding and representing a patient voice to help towards improving care.
- We have been active in helping recruit participants to various research studies on FNDs.
- We have been helping many people directly affected with the condition in understanding about Functional Neurological Disorders, Signposting and offering Emotional Support.
- This year our amazing fundraisers have been very active in events to spread more awareness of FNDs across the communities. The money raised will go directly into helping with awareness campaigns and direct support resources to those diagnosed with a Functional Neurological Disorder.
Want to join us?
Our continued success and growth depend on you, our generous fundraisers and amazing volunteers, who give up their time to help the FND cause.
We are always looking to increase our Trustees and Volunteers so if you would like to join us please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally... Thank you!
We would like to offer our sincere and heartfelt THANK YOU to each and every person who has helped us in any way this past year. We couldn’t have done it without you!
We look forward to another of year of awareness, fundraising, research & support with all your help.