Why share your story? Here are just a handful of reasons why you may want to consider doing it.
• Research has shown writing is good for your health, both emotionally and physically.
• It can empty your mind to make space for your plans on moving forward.
• It can be a form of distraction, and give your life some purpose if you are feeling lost because of the admiration and hopefulness it can bring to your readers.
• Others may relate to your story and feel less alone.
• You have the opportunity to help others by sharing tips that have helped you.
• There is still little known of Functional Neurological Disorders and how they affect a person’s everyday life. Being part of raising awareness can help towards improving the care and support for others.
CLICK HERE to read stories and find links to regular blog websites from people who would like to share their story and journey with you.
“Real stories & blogs by real people”
Are you a person who has been diagnosed with FND and/or NEAD, or a carer/family member, and would like to share your story?
You can send us your story, or link to your blog, through our contact page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep stories to a maximum of 600 words and advise if you are happy to share your first name and location.