There are a number of ways you can get involved with FND Action. Whether it is raising funds by holding fundraising events, offering support and admin duties on our online peer support groups, helping develop our website to provide up-to-date information, participating with awareness, marketing, joining us on a permanent basis to grow the charity … and more.
Volunteering plays an important role within a charity and there are a lot of benefits, such as:
- An opportunity to support the cause you feel strongly about, and make a difference.
- A way to meet new people, and develop new skills and interests.
- A pathway to enhance work experience (volunteering work can be added to your cv).
- Enhance your health and wellbeing.
If you currently receive benefits, becoming a volunteer will not affect your payments. For further information download the Volunteering while getting Benefits leaflet in PDF format issued by the Department for Work and Pensions.
Our commitment to volunteers is:
- To match your skills and experience to the right role, and listen to any ideas you may have.
- Provide a clear volunteer description clarifying your roles and responsibilities.
- Offer continued support, and consideration of your personal circumstances.
- Acknowledge your contribution.
- Where appropriate, reimburse any out-of-pocket expenses.
- Encourage a positive atmosphere to ensure you have the best volunteering experience possible.
- Listen, and act upon, any concerns you may have.
In return, all we ask is:
- You commit to our aims and values, and be a positive advocate for FND Action.
- Work in partnership with other volunteers, and the general public.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Consider and respect the reputation of FND Action in your actions and conduct.
Trustees & Operations positions
We are currently looking for skilled, and those with general interest, Trustees and operational staff to join us on a permanent voluntary basis. If you would like to discuss further, please email us at email@example.com.
Any specific vacancies will be advertised here in due course.